curious about veganism
Are you curious about veganism? You've come to the right place! Vegan Generation3encourages people to go vegan. The 3 indicates the ripple effect of our actions when everyone makes three efforts to learn and try veganism. People of any age can become part of this generation, and we invite you to join us.
Become a Vegan Explorer
Learn about veganism from three sources of information, then be intuitive and try it.
Select a way to declare yourself a Vegan Explorer:
- Select 3 major sources of information: Vegan Person, Book, Documentary, Event, American Vegan magazine. All available from American Vegan Society.
- Learn about your new options in healthy plant foods while eliminating animal products.
- Decide on your goal number of days to try veganism. Pick any number of days; most people try a week, a month, or specific days of the week to get started.
Enjoy this compassionate healthy journey. For help see New Vegans section of website.
- Tell us your success story.
- Will you become a Vegan Guide?
Are you already vegan? You've come to the right place! Vegan Generation3encourages people to go vegan. The 3 indicates the ripple effect of our actions when everyone makes three efforts to welcome others to veganism. People of any age can become part of this generation, and we invite you to join us.
Become a Vegan Guide:
Share your knowledge in at least three helpful welcoming ways for vegan-curious people in your community.
Select a way to declare yourself a Vegan Guide:
ideas that resonate with you and act upon them.
- Invite someone to vegan dinner at your house.
- Take a friend shopping with you for vegan groceries, clothing, toiletries, or other.
- Help prepare vegan food at a friend’s house.
- Loan your vegan books and videos.
(lend what you would be happy to give, but lending invites follow-up interaction)
- Give vegan gifts: food, books, toiletries, American Vegan Society memberships.
- Invite people to join you on a trip to a farm animal sanctuary.
- Take a friend to eat at a vegan restaurant.
- Invite someone to watch a documentary with you.
- Give Powerful Vegan Messages to your local libraries or members of a book club
Check out our suggestions for how to connect
with vegan-curious people.
More ways to help the Vegan Generation3 campaign.
About the Vegan Generation3 campaign
Vegan Generation3 encourages people to go vegan. The 3 indicates the ripple effect of our actions when everyone makes three efforts.
People of any age can become part of the generation.
- Encourage Americans who are not vegan--but are curious--to try veganism.
Create curiosity about veganism among people who are not familiar with this compassionate lifestyle.
- Help flexitarians make stronger connections with the impact of their choices.
Welcome vegetarians to travel further along the compassionate, healthful, and eco-friendly journey.
- Encourage new vegans to continue with their chosen lifestyle.
- Help established vegans feel empowered to improve the world.
- Provide resources--and guide people towards existing resources--for all the above.
Whether people come to veganism for health, environmental, or ethical reasons, we all can support each other towards the same goal. Simply put: eat plants, not animals. However, veganism is a lifestyle so we strive to eliminate all forms of animal products and exploitation.
According to the 2012 Gallup poll, vegans are two percent of the population, vegetarians are five percent. In 2011 scientists at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute published a report saying that when just ten percent of the population holds an unshakable belief, their belief will always be adopted by the majority of the society.
Another source of information on the topic is the book The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference (2000) by Malcolm Gladwell.
Shop for Vegan Generation3
shirts, hats, postcards, and Powerful Vegan Messages
book. Click here.
Currently running a sale on shirt and book together for only $25!
Showcase Vegan Generation3
Post a photo and caption on social media (Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram) with #vegangeneration3
You will automatically be entered into our contest. One winner will be selected each month to receive the Vegan Generation3
shirt and Powerful Vegan Messages
The best entry of 2016 will receive a lifetime membership to American Vegan Society.
Get out there; explore and promote veganism!
Song Contest Winner Announced!
Congratulations Bruce Kushnick. Top prize: AVS Life Membership, Vegan Generation3
T-shirt, and Powerful Vegan Messages
Listen to his song "VEGAN" on CDBaby
, or Soundcloud
Half the proceeds of downloads will be donated to AVS.